INTELLIGENT SERVER SIDE CACHING
Our LiteSpeed Server Side Caching vs. other popular WordPress caching plugin/systems.
WPCloud server-side caching is what many consider to be the highest performance & certainly the most feature packed WordPress caching system available.
By default, our caching system is perfectly set up for normal everyday WordPress operations. For example, when a page/post is edited, a new page created, plugin added/updated, comment approved, etc – the cache will automatically purge. You can also easily purge a specific page, or the entire caching in one click from the WordPress admin bar. The caching dashboard also allows quick access to TTLs, purge settings, page exceptions & many more features.
The extend-ability & functionality of the caching system is extensive, we provide full details to our clients via our knowledge. Here is an overview of some of the major features.
Server-Side Full-Page Cache
– True server-side caching creates & stores static copies of your WordPress dynamically-generated web pages. Static copies are then stored & served from a hybrid of memory & nvMe disk, which results in extremely fast page load times.
– Functionality to cache multiple versions of content, based on factors such as browser agent, geography & even currency.
– Fully compatible with WooCommerce
– private caching provides the ability to cache personalized copies of a page, in situations where the content is pertinent only to the user who requests it.
– Caching can be extended to include logged-in users
Edge Side Includes (ESI)
– ESI lets you “punch holes” in a cached page, and then fill those holes with differently-cached content.
– Large sites with rarely-changing content can be cached longer while punching holes for more frequently-changing widgets.
– Entire pages need not be cached privately if a hole can be punched for a personalized greeting or a shopping cart, which is the default setup for our WooCommerce caching.
We have taken the functionality of what most WordPress sites need 3 plugins to accomplish & put them all server side, with no overhead or bloated plugins within your site setup.
– lossless optimization reduces file size without impacting image quality, resulting in improved page load times.
– full restore functionality, individual images may be reverted back to their original formats if required.
– WebP file conversion – WebP is a modern image format developed by Google. WebP image files are an average of 26% smaller than optimized jpeg or png file formats.
– fully customizable. enable only the minification functions you need.
– Reduces the size of the source code, making it more efficient to transmit over networks.
Again, fully customizable, enable only the combination functions you need.
Reduces the number of requests made by the browser and potentially removes duplicate code, both of which translate to improvements in speed.
Browser Cache Support
– Facilitates storing static content locally on the user’s device. Content is pulled from the device’s local storage until the browser cache expires.
– Simple ON/OFF button. No complicated setup.
No editing .htaccess files, our system takes care of that for you, including backing up htaccess before changes are saved.
– Eliminates the need for a separate Browser Cache plugin.
– Browser cache usage speeds up your site. No matter how fast the connection, displaying a local image will always use fewer resources than transferring an image across the internet.
– Anticipates the browser’s needs and acts upon them without waiting for a separate request.
– Reduces the number of requests necessary when loading a web page.
Lazy Load Images
Loads images and iframes asynchronously.
Saves time by loading only that media necessary to fill the current viewport.
Load remaining images and iframes on an as-needed basis.
Keeps the WordPress database slim, trim, and as efficient as possible.
– Speeds up database queries by eliminating the clutter that accumulates over time.
– Eliminates the need for a separate database optimization plugin.